At each campus we have a team of energetic and passionate people who are ready to welcome your child to BROWNS and make them feel at home.
Our full time Student Services team is always available to provide your child with the very best in personal care and assist you with any queries you may have.
BROWNS range of services include:
- Assistance with Adjusting to Life in Australia
- First day school orientation and city tour
- Accommodation Services – Homestay
- Airport Transfers
- Academic Counselling and Further Study Advice
- Student Activities
Assistance with Adjusting to Life in Australia
Your child can meet with a member of our Student Services team at any time to help settle into life in Australia.
Our team will provide you with useful information including:
- Transport options and how to get a GoCard (public transport),
- Nearest doctor, dentist and other medical practitioners,
- How to get an Australian SIM card or phone,
- How to access the library,
- Places and attractions to visit, and
- A range of other information you may find useful in your first few weeks at BROWNS.
BROWNS also has a counselling service available where students can make an appointment to visit a counsellor in their office or the counsellor can come to school depending on the students preference.
Have a question? Contact us
Book the BROWNS Airport transfer service – for Airport pick up and drop off in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast.
Academic Counselling and Further Study Advice
Students can meet with a member of our Academic Management Team at BROWNS at any time to discuss anything relating to their course or future study. Parents/Guardians are able to make an appointment. Contact us.
School ActivitiesBROWNS offers students more than just English language lessons. Students can participate in our free activities which are available exclusively to our Primary School Preparation and High School Preparation students, under the supervision of our full time BROWNS Activities Coordinator. Activities include: Music club, table games, Lego, arts and crafts, free food days, Nintendo Wii, Twister, meet Australian reptiles and more.
Primary School Preparation Activities Calendars
- View our School Activities calendar for BROWNS Brisbane Campus.
- View our School Activities calendar for BROWNS Gold Coast Campus.
First day at BROWNS
|8:00 - 8:15||
Welcome to BROWNS English Language School
All students receive an Orientation pack which includes a Student Handbook, BROWNS Passport, school lanyard and information on the local area and upcoming activities.
|8:20 - 10:30*||First week placement testing
|10:30 - 10:50||ID Photos and Introduction to BROWNS website and social pages (keep updated with what is happening at school and in Brisbane/on the Gold Coast.|
|10:50 - 11:50||
School & Surrounding Area Tour
|11:50 - 12:50||Break for Lunch|
12:50 - 13:10
Student Services Overview
|13:10 - 14:30||
Academic Management Team (AMT) Overview