The Australian Government is responsible for all visas issued to international students in Australia. To find information about visas, please visit the Australian Department of Immigration Border Protection (DIBP) website.

Student visa (subclass 500) allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.
Visitor visa (subclass 600) allows you to visit Australia for tourism and study up to 3 months.

Other useful links:
Student visa Conditions
Health insurance for students
Student Visa Living Costs and Evidence of Funds
Welfare Arrangements for Students under 18
Entering or leaving Australia