BROWNS Privacy & Security Statement
Current version published: August 12, 2015
BROWNS strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how BROWNS English Language Pty Ltd (“BROWNS”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://brownsprofessional.edu.au/ (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the BROWNS practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning BROWNS’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also contact BROWNS via postal mail at: Ground Floor, 295 Ann Street Brisbane 4000, Queensland, Australia
1) Personal Information BROWNS gathers
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. BROWNS collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information: Contact Information allows BROWNS to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of BROWNS.
Transaction Information: BROWNS automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps us analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with BROWNS, information about how you use BROWNS’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users.
Posted Information: If you chose to post a comment on our blog, we may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
2) How BROWNS Collects Personal Information
BROWNS prompts you to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use BROWNS or otherwise interact with the Site or contact BROWNS.
BROWNS also collects Transaction Information when you contact BROWNS via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
3) How BROWNS Uses Personal Information
We may use Personal Information to enhance your user experience, to help us better understand you, to help us customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help us otherwise enhance the Site.
BROWNS uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about BROWNS partners or third parties; and
4) Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never store Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) When and Why BROWNS Discloses Personal Information
BROWNS will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. BROWNS will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. National Australian Bank, SalesForce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How BROWNS Uses Personal Information”) above.
- BROWNS employs other companies to perform tasks on BROWNS’s behalf and therefore BROWNS must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. BROWNS may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing BROWNS’s rights or protect BROWNS property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- BROWNS believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- BROWNS believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- BROWNS believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- BROWNS believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend BROWNS in litigation or a regulatory action.
- BROWNS believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
BROWNS will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless BROWNS is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of BROWNS’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets. If BROWNS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information before it becomes subject to a new privacy statement.
This Privacy statement only governs when and why BROWNS discloses Personal Information. This Privacy statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that BROWNS does not own or control, or individuals that BROWNS does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to BROWNS’s control. BROWNS is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the BROWNS Site. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
BROWNS may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, BROWNS may provide our partners, (such as SalesForce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about BROWNS users.
6) Tracking Technologies
This site uses the Mouse Stats analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Mouse Stats may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website.
Mouse Stats does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Mouse Stats system.
7) Choice and Control
While BROWNS does need to collect certain information to make your BROWNS experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, BROWNS wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences: For various reasons, BROWNS may contact you about our services or your activity. If you no longer wish to receive emails from BROWNS you may opt out of the email as indicated on each and every email correspondence.
- Cookies and Tracking Devices: You manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing BROWNS by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your moible device privacy and security settings.
8) Security of Personal Information
BROWNS strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore BROWNS cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. BROWNS strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information.
9) Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by BROWNS through the Site. BROWNS utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than BROWNS. BROWNS encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
10) BROWNS Blog
11) Changes to this Privacy Statement
BROWNS may, from time to time, in BROWNS’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. We encourage all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement.
nformation, including address, email, phone numbers, or other means of communicating outside of the blog. Any information you post may be read, collected, and used by others.
12) BROWNS Security Policy
BROWNS uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions.
eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by BROWNS or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
12) Contact BROWNS
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact BROWNS by sending an email to email@example.com